Things to do in Montreal
Aloft Montreal Airport is just a stone's throw away from Montréal–Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport as well as plenty of exciting things to do in Montreal during your stay. You're just a 15-minute drive to the downtown area, home to tons of unique restaurants, shopping and entertainment. Before heading out and about feel free to check out our guide to local attractions and plan your bold day out in the city.
- Casino de Montreal
- Ecomuseum Zoo
- Fairview Pointe Claire
- Golf Dorval
- La Ronde Amusement Park
- Montreal Hippodrome
- Montreal Insectarium
- Montreal Olympic Stadium
- Montreal's Biodome
- Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport
- Mount Royal Park
- Museum of Fine Arts
- Notre Dame Basilica
- Old Montreal
- Place Vertu Shopping Mall
How To Get Here
- Ecomuseum Zoo - Open 364 days a year, the Ecosystem Zoo gives visitors an opportunity to view more than 115 species of animals native to Québec’s St. Lawrence Valley.
- La Ronde Amusement Park - Operated by Six Flags, La Ronde is the largest amusement park in the province of Quebec and the second largest in Canada. La Ronde Amusement Park is also the site of L'International des Feux Loto-Quebec, international fireworks competition.
- Montreal Hippodrome - Spend the day at Montreal's only harness horse racing course.
- Montreal Olympic Stadium - Relive the Olympics at the site of the 1976 summer Olympic games.
- Notre Dame Basilica - Built in 1656, Notre Dame Basilica is Montreal's oldest Catholic church and known for their breathtaking stained glass windows.
- Old Montreal - Dating back to New France, Old Quebec remains a key part of Montreal's vibrant heritage. Stroll along cobblestone streets to discover Old Montreal's cafes, shops, restaurants and more.
- Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue - Located at the western tip of the island, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue is Montreal's second oldest community and is known for their wonderful boardwalk and summer events.
- The First Canadian Environment Museum - Canada's first environmental observation center.
- Museum of Fine Arts - Founded in 1860, the Museum of Fine Arts is Canada's oldest art institution, featuring fine arts, music, film, fashion and design.
- Montreal's Biodome - Showcases animals and plant life.
- Montreal Insectarium - Learn about the life of an insect at one of the world's largest insectariums.
- Casino de Montreal - With over 100 tables and 2,600 slot machines, you'll have plenty of options to test your luck.
- Place Vertu Shopping Mall - Located on Cote-Vertu Boulevard, Place Vertu Shopping Mall features anchor stores Canadien Tire, Zellers, Adonis and Sears.
- Fairview Pointe Claire Shopping Centre - As one of the biggest super regional shopping malls on Montreal, Fairview Pointe Claire Shopping Centre has two levels of shopping space with anchor stores the Bay, Sears, Pharmaprix, Home Outfitters, Winners, HomeSense, Sports Experts/Atmosphere and Best Buy.
- Golf Dorval - Practice your swing on a round of 18-hole golf at Golf Dorval.
- Mount Royal Park - Landscaped by Frederick Law Olmsted, known for his work on New York City's Central Park, Mount Royal Park offers breathtaking views. Enjoy hiking and bike trails in summer or tubing and tobogganing run in winter.